Friday, March 30

Witty Comeback



Hubby:  Hey, what's up with your blog?

Me: You read my blog?

Hubby:  You haven't made fun of me in almost two months.

Me:  It isn't nice to pick on the infirm.

Hubby:  Now there's a word you don't hear every day!

Me:  But when I've been seeing it before my very eyes...

Hubby:  You're referring to my recent back problems I assume?

Me:  Never knowing which character you would be each day? Frankenstein, Walter Brennan, Kevin Costner in "The Big Chill"... 

Hubby:  I wasn't dead!

Me:  But you did just lie there on a number of occasions.

Hubby:  I prefer to think of it as suffering in quiet dignity, like Gary Cooper in "The Pride of the Yankees".

Me:  But that's just not funny. 

Hubby:  Maybe you could write something kind and sympathetic for a change?

Me:  Aaand....he's back!

Hubby:  Punny.

Me:  See?!


image/wallpaperfree

14 comments:

  1. You and your husband seem like a lot of fun. I bet you two have some interesting discussions.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. As do you and your wife, I'm sure! And with the right editing we can be hilarious.

      Delete
  2. I missed you! And am so glad you're back - your posts always make me laugh.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! And it's nice to know I amuse at least 2 people!

      Delete
    2. I just HAVE to reply, mumbling this morning between my teeth: "1856 followers! How does he do it? I'm not envious, but..."
      Well - I know how to do it, Crayon. I would not bet on 1856 followers - he is really good! - but I could very quick get about 214. I watched it on other blogs: they work for it, very hard: estimately you have to become the follower of about 931 blogs - then about 214 will follow you :-) Nice for the Ego - but as they sing in one old song: "I would do anything for love ... but I won't do that."

      Delete
    3. Oh, good grief. Me either! What a J.O.B. and I already have one of those, thank you very much. I think blogging the way we do is SO much fun, and regular "bloggy friends" make it even more fun, don't you agree?

      Delete
  3. HA! I think my husband could give yours a run for his money and he hasn't even got a bad back. If I ask "what are we doing today" his reply is always the same "As little as humanly possible"

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. And sometimes I wish my busy bee hubby would be like that. I think he was making up for lost time this weekend, but everywhere he went he left the detritus of a project. My house was much tidier when he had to stay in one place!

      Delete
  4. While I am always grateful for your comments on my blog, I am even more pleased to read one of your posts: you have been missed!
    Punny!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are so nice to say that! I really enjoy my bloggy friends. When I started my blog I didn't even think about that aspect and it turns out to be a big part of the fun of blogging, don't you think?

      Delete
  5. I think you went to the same marriage guidance classes as I did.

    ReplyDelete
  6. There was probably a special...

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...